Uh-oh… Tag, I’m it! I have been tagged for a meme by Livingisdetail.
When I first started this blog, I wanted to keep myself anonymous. My “about” page still says practically nothing about me. Over the weeks, I’ve revealed quite a bit, but there are still some things that I’d rather not say too much about. However, seeing how deftly Livingisdetail has managed to keep herself private as she answers this meme’s questions, I’m reassured that I, too, don’t need to reveal any more than I want to. So, here goes.
1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago, I was wishing I had enough pocket change to invite our church organist out for coffee. She had steel-grey hair but did little Snoopy dances during choir practice, so I couldn’t figure out how old she was (turned out we’re only six months apart); but she seemed fun and nice, and I thought she might make a good friend. Next April will be our tenth being-together anniversary.
2. What are five things on your to-do list today?
- Take Fergus to the vet for his next immunization needle
- Do a catch-up load or two of laundry (bedding)
- Call the City about why they sent a receipt for Cai’s tag update, but not a new tag
- Work six (or maybe seven — it’s stock day) hours at the pet store
- Drop in to see my co-worker’s new apartment after work
3. What snacks do you enjoy?
- salty ones: soft pretzels with chunky salt; olives; super-thick “handmade” potato chips (Br. crisps); popcorn sprinkled with nutritious yeast; bread with marmite or vegemite; nuts of any kind
- sour ones: polski ogorki dill pickles! pickled eggs! pickled anything! (Mennonite heritage coming through)
- ones with sesame: those salty sesame sticks you can buy in the bulk bins; halvah
- dried fruit: juicy prunes; apricots; dates; figs.
4. Things you would do if you were a billionaire.
- buy a harp for E.g., and a home near a Celtic fiddler, and I’d play my recorder with them
- get a little house on a two-acre property and a few chooks and some agility equipment for the dogs
- set up a monthly income for myself so I could keep writing
- give the surplus to Oxfam
5. Three of your bad habits.
- I can swear like a trooper
- I pretend I don’t have any bad habits
- I can’t think of a third thing
6. Five places you have lived.
- a crossroads not far from where Ontario’s African Lion Safari would later be built
- a small town that had a marina at one end and the road up onto the Niagara Escarpment at the other
- Sechelt, British Columbia; watching the full moon pole-vault over the Coast Mountains is something else!
- a few blocks from the Jean-Talon market in Montreal
- within walking distance of Toronto’s Riverdale Park
7. Five jobs you’ve had.
- doing numerical filing for Ernst and Young
- teaching English to small groups of immigrants
- completing military Basic Training on a Canadian base
- washing, feeding, and dressing the elderly at a nursing home
- working at a pet-supply store
8. How did you name your blog?
- See “Symbol of the Turtle“, my entry discussing the answer to that question.
Okay, it looks like I’ve gotta appoint three tagees. Umm…
- Dennis the Vizsla (or your dada — it’s up to you)
- Checkers (or your personal assistant)
I’m not really worried about “breaking the chain” or anything, so if it’s not your schtick, don’t worry. All of you readers can have fun thinking about the questions as well. I was surprised to see how many kinds of snacks I enjoy!