E.G. has borrowed Robert’s career transition guidebook and is working her way through the self-knowledge exercises. I haven’t looked through the book yet. Having the suckiest job history on the planet, I don’t like to unnecessarily subject myself to depressing questionnaires. So today I will just start with the following meme that I stole from Dennis the Vizsla, to whit:
The Seven-By-Seven Questionnaire
…except that I’m leaving off #7, which is to tag other bloggers, and so it’s really:
The Seven-By-Six Questionnaire
…except that I can’t think of a seventh item for any of the lists, so I guess it’s…
The Six-By-Six Questionnaire
I. Six things I plan to do before I die.
- move to Saint John New Brunswick
- own a backyard with attached house
- have neighbours over for Celtic-style jam sessions
- visit the other Atlantic provinces
- learn another language (Gaelic? Latin? a First Nations tongue?)
- write a book of short stories (that’s “dream of”, not “plan to”)
II. Six things I do now.
- discard our useless stuff, and pack our useful stuff
- keep on top of the housework
- practise the recorder
- listen to music from Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- read French fluently
- write a daily blog entry
III. Six things I can’t do.
- move tomorrow; have to wait for E.g. to get a job first
- make enough money to get a house myself
- play my recorder without lots of mistakes
- complete a spoken sentence in my own language without pausing to search for its key word
- write short stories (they require bothersome bits such as character development and plot)
IV. Six things that attract me to the attractive sex.
- enjoyment of day trips
- thinking my jokes are funny
- not thinking my serious moments are funny
- love of animals
- musical ability
- ability to doodle cute little singing, skiing, or swinging worms on the envelopes of my birthday cards… oh, wait — that’s ten already.
V. Six things I say most often.
VI. Six celebrities I admire.
- Johnny Depp
- Sir Ian McKellan
- Dame Judy Dench
- Dame Maggie Smith
- Patrick Stewart
Done-diddly-dundundun-DONE! Have a good weekend everybody!