So, Goodbear and I were discussing smells yesterday, and we thought a smell meme — a smeme? — might be fun. Goodbear designed a nice straightforward one, and answered it on her blog. Now it’s my turn.
PS my computer is ailing. It is excruciatingly slow. No photos today, then, and as few words as possible, because I get confused when I type something and watch it form on the page several seconds later.
1. List five smells you love.
- Cloves. I sneak them into my cooking whenever possible.
- Rosemary. Sometimes I open the spice bottle just for a whiff.
- Cedar groves. They smell deep green, with a light orange tang.
- Hay. Haylofts smell warm, dry, and soothing.
- Fresh sawdust or wood shavings. Mmmmm…
2. List five smells you don’t like.
- The wind blowing from the direction of a pig farm.
- Some kind of food processing plant, I’ve never discovered what, but it smells like burning rotten tomatoes.
- The tar-melting machine when workers are sealing a flat roof.
- Public washroom deodorizers.
- Vase water when the flower stems start to go slimy.