Umm… why yes, I am making this up as I go along. Why do you ask?
Feeling a bit under the weather today. You know, singing snatches of Lionel Richie tunes, talking to my door keys, leaning against the stairwell wall halfway through lacing my boots, and all of this without alcohol.
So I thought I would make a list of 22 twos.
- Two beverages E.g. brought home tonight to make me feel better: orange juice and super-vitamin-C mixed fruit juice.
- Two unusual things I did today: washed the floors and vacuumed the couch.
- Two ingredients in tonight’s supper: black beans and cheddar cheese.
- Two films I watched for the first time this weekend: Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Two books I’ve read recently: The Shipping News (a novel) and Rose: My Life in Service (a memoir) .
- Two states I’ve camped in: Maine and Vermont.
- Two tallish things I’ve climbed: Mount Mansfield (Vermont, USA) and Roy’s Peak (Wanaka, NZ).
- Two tallish things I haven’t climbed: Croagh Patrick, Ireland (too foggy that day) and the CN Tower, Toronto (my knees would never forgive me) .
- Two countries I would revisit in a heartbeat: New Zealand and Ireland.
- Two instruments I know how to play: the French horn and the recorder.
- My two favourite subjects in school: Music and English.
- Two male actors I enjoy: Patrick Stewart and Johnny Depp.
- Two female actors I enjoy: Dame Maggie Smith and Cate Blanchett.
- Two films I can watch again and again: Moonstruck and The Lord of the Rings.
- Two pieces I would love to hear together in a remix: Dvorak’s New World Symphony and Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue.
- Two Canadian concerts I’ve attended: Gordon Lightfoot (in 1970-something) and the Toronto Consort (many times; they play medieval and renaissance music) .
- Two playwrights whose works I’ve seen in Stratford (Ontario) : GB Shaw and Shakespeare.
- Two tabletop games I enjoy: Scrabble and Cribbage.
- Two artists I like: Monet and Whistler.
- Two poets I like: Robert Burns and John Keats.
- Two short story writers I like: Margaret Lawrence and Edgar Allen Poe.
- Two places I like to take the dogs: High Park and Cherry Beach.