So, yeah, we went to a wool shop yesterday, and I bought a book or two. Today we went through our stash (technical term: means all the various weights, colours, and compositions of all the skeins, balls, and twizzly bits of yarn in one’s possession), reacquainting ourselves with some interesting stuff we’d forgotten all about.
New experiments will come later, however. I’ve already started a crocheted sweater, my first. My mum gave us some purply acrylic yarn left over from an afghan project, and there was almost enough for this pullover, so I’m doing the hem and cuffs in a shiny bluish yarn.
The purply colour is called “sweet violet”, and the bluish colour is called “sapphire” . In order to show the cabling, we had to manipulate the second photo below fairly drastically. The real-life colour of the sweater-in-progress is somewhere between those of the two photos.
Not a terribly exciting post today, but I figger that putting my project into the blogosphere will help motivate me to finish it.
To be continued!
The photo accompanying the pattern I’d saved from the Autumn 1999 Crochet Digest.
A close-up showing the nifty ridging effected by front-post-treble-crocheting, something easier done than said.