I was tagged by two denizens of the Blogosphere, Dennis the Vizsla and Alyson, to cough up ten honest things about myself. Rather than write ten factoids for each tagger, I’ve decided to compromise and supply fifteen. Here goes:
1. My blogname comes from two houseplants — a wee Spanish lavender bush and a foot-high bay tree — I had at the time.
2. I’ve gotten hooked on Desperate Housewives. It plays in dubbed French five afternoons a week. I don’t know what year of the series is currently playing. George the sociopathic pharmacist has recently committed suicide. Accidentally.
3. Of the four major characters in Desperate Housewives, I identify most with Bree.
4. I was assigned the French horn in school . It took me two weeks to develop a good enough embouchure to vibrate the mouthpiece, let alone get a sound out of the instrument.
5. In the school band, I played by ear a lot. I could never remember all the fingerings for the notes, so when I’d hit a false note I would tune it into place by puckering a little more or a little less.
6. My first name is simply one my parents liked.
7. My middle name is in honour of a family member, but despite my mum having explained it numerous times, I can never remember whom.
8. I can never spell “cinnamon” right the first time. It always wants to come out “cinammon”.
9. I have been eating chick peas (aka garbonzo beans) each day for the past six days.
10. My aunt in the big city taught me how to use chopsticks when I was nine. She took me to a Chinese restaurant as a reward.
11. At the Chinese restaurant, the paper placemats revealed that my aunt and I were both Ox-year people.
12. The meal included scallops. My first ever. By no means my last. Mmmmmmm, good!
13. Baseball was the only sport I liked playing no matter how bad I was at it (i.e. the only sport about which I was ever a “good sport”), and the only game whose rules I’ve ever understood.
14. Like my maternal grandfather, I can wiggle my ears.
15. I honestly can’t think of a fifteenth thing.
Close enough? Rate at least a two-out-of-ten on the interest scale? Oh, wait, wait! Ahem:
15. My fantasy life is much more interesting than my real life.
Okay, now apparently I’m supposed to tag seven other bloggers. It can’t be Dennis or Alyson or Livingisdetail (Alyson tagged her) or Almostgotit (Dennis tagged her) or S. Le (she tagged Dennis) or the several bloggers who haven’t blogged for quite a while or who don’t do memes or who don’t really know I exist, so we’re left with:
Well okay, that makes eight. Close enough?
Anyway, youse guys, please tell us ten interesting things about yourselves, collect the “Honest Scrap” award, and tag seven other bloggers. Have fun!